Translate

Thursday, April 4, 2013

and then there was one

I've listened to hundreds of parents look dreamily as they visualise their empty nest. Children left home, more food in the fridge, minimal laundry, tidy homes, no dissapearing crockery and no strange noises (supposedly music) wafting in the air.

Funny I never understood why they said that? why they wanted that? for me motherhood was for life, like cute puppies - children 'were not just for Christmas'. I wanted mine at home for ever, even when they moved their significant others in - great it was like a BOGOF my two children had multiplied to four!! I loved it - some friends thought I was crazy (others just knew I created my own version of normal) and then my two grew to SIX yes Grandchildren one from each.....bring it on I love it!!
Maybe we'd try to set a new world record how many people can you fit into a five bedroom house?

Slowly I realised my children didnt want to create a new world record (no sense of fun or adventure) they wanted to build their own nests, become their own nuclear family. So my vision of recreating a Walton like ranch was over, we sold up and off we went our seperate ways.....

So here I am in my own Pad (cool lingo huh??) living the dream! Apron strings cut and free to 'fly by the seat of my pants'

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the beginning of a exciting adventure can't wait to read on

    ReplyDelete