Translate

Thursday, April 18, 2013

We all need someone who inspires us to do better than we know how

One of my favourite past times during the Spring and Summer has to be ‘early evening drinks in the City’. I generally do this mid week,  it’s not the idea of drinking alcohol that excites me (infact I often stick to tonic water), but more the company.

We all lead such busy lives and the solace of the weekend for many is disappearing fast. But just like me extending my weekends to include Fridays, arranging mid week drinks to catch up with friends enables me to keep my social life ticking nicely.

So this evening I met with a dear friend who came into my life just five months ago; from the second time I met her I knew this was to be a long lasting friendship. I truly believe that we meet people for a reason, and generally they fall into one of two categories either a Blessing or a Lesson. Well the friend in question falls neatly into both. Her humbleness, hunger for knowledge and appreciation of life. Her outlook on life, her wisdom and kindness, innocence and beauty all teach and bless me with the courage and energy to pursue my dreams.

Time spent with her ‘invigorates my brain’ she compels me to think and teases my sometimes dormant creative cells.
So for three hours this evening in between drinking two glasses of tonic water and a bowl of home made chips. I have enjoyed the company of a wonderful woman who inspires me to do better!

I hope you have such a person in your life, someone who after five minutes in their company, you become rejuvenated, ideas begin popping into your head and you feel brave enough to dream or do!

 

If you haven’t got such a person yet, I challenge you to seek one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment