Translate

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Champagne

 
This isn't about Alcohol - but it is about celebrating
 
When did you last celebrate? and what were you celebrating?
 
Many people I know celebrate traditional milestones, Birthdays, Christenings, Weddings, New Birth, Anniversaries......
 
I celebrate all sorts of things, the last thing I celebrated was 'Friday' it was the end of the working week and the weather that week had been pretty damn miserable. Commuting had been its usual London Underground drama, work was great as were my colleagues, and tonight my Grandchildren were coming.
So I went into the local supermarket I bought some goodies and a packet of balloons. I blew up a few balloons and when the grand kids came and they saw the treats and balloons they were HAPPY!!
 
They played with the balloons far longer than they would have any expensive computer game or best selling toy. They didn't ask me why we had balloons or goodies, I guess they kind of expected it. They expected to be HAPPY! Children do, I think thats why they probably cry so loudly - because they don't expect to be sad.
 
I wonder how and why that changes in adults, yes I understand that real life gets in the way and there are problems (real problems) but are they a reason to not expect to be happy? are they enough to consume every moment between one Wedding and the next Birthday? Are they reason enough not to celebrate the day.
 
Are life's problems, so big, so all consuming, so overwhelming so unresolvable that they consume our every waking moment?
 
Sadly for some yes, and at particular times for all of us we will encounter such situations - but generally they are specific situations with a start and an end.
 
Many people seem to wait for the next problem, when in fact most days are problem free, most days may be mundane but they are without trauma or tragedy. Most days we coordinate through our whole day surrounded by blessings and benefits that we don't give a second glance, we don't acknowledge or show gratitude.
 
What would happen if you celebrated your next problem free day?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Probably best to celebrate everyday problems or not as you have life and where there is life there is hope!
    Really enjoy reading the journey experiences and the expressions, keep on keeping on :)

    ReplyDelete